Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's Personal: Wedding Boutonnieres


So I'm gettin' myself married soon!  That's right - I found some guy who's not completely terrified out of his mind by the prospect of waking up next to me for the rest of his life!  How fortuitous!

One of the things that my Dear Fiance is super duper obsessed with is comic books.  It's kind of his thing.  I let him nerd out about that, he lets me nerd out about my bug collection.  It's a fair exchange.

At any rate, I wanted to give a little nod to his love for comic books without letting them overwhelm the day and turning our wedding into "that comic book wedding."  The solution: comic book boutonnieres!

Here's where they are now: little comic book roses, constructed out of old ("but worthless" - his words, not mine) books with some hot glue.  I've made six of these suckers and have since added a couple of very discreet and suuuuuper tiny silver rhinestones to them at random, just to give them a little extra wedding sparkliness without someone being able to look at them and say, "HEY THAT'S SPARKLY."

The string they are tied with in the picture is just temporary, to hold them in place.  They will ultimately be paired with a little sprig of baby's breath and tied with some thin twine.

Art!  It's useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment