Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MARAVILLAS

"Maravillas"
by Dani Selvaggio
2012
(for sale)

Here is the finished version of the DIA DE LOS MUERTOS piece that I had been sketching out in September of last year. Initially I had planned to have it done in time for Dia de los Muertos, but of course - work and other time constraints prevented me from being able to sit down and actually finish it. Incidentally, it all worked out for the best because I definitely needed the practice with watercolors that I hadn't had the time to develop.

At any rate, it's done. My goal was to make something that was very visually "Californian." I think I achieved that with the color palette (to me, California = dusty), but there are other things I would have changed, knowing how it's come out now.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment