Tuesday, January 17, 2012

KEYBOARD


"Keyboard"
by Dani Selvaggio
2012
(sold)

Happy 2012, everyone! My resolution this year is - once I've gotten through my long list of commissioned projects that I'm working on - to do more art for myself. The last few days have been especially fruitful: I got a new set of watercolors for Christmas and just played around with them all weekend. The next couple of posts will be some examples of what resulted from that...mostly just playful sketches, nothing of too much depth!



First up is KEYBOARD. I've started calling it that because everyone who has seen it starts referring to it as "that one with the keyboard." Well, why not? The sketch was outlined with ink and then I used masking fluid before applying the watercolors. I also used a technique of defining some edges with tape (just good ol' scotch tape leftover from Christmas wrapping) and did a sort of layered watercolor application.



To say that I feel like this at work a lot is an understatement. Art is life...I can't even begin to explain how suffocating it is when you're trapped in a little box without any windows in sight for the majority of your waking hours.



...not to worry, viewers! The next few posts are not so angsty-dramatic! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment